Water Aerobics 🏊
Summer is right around the corner, which means the pools are opening soon!
Aquatic workouts are a great tool for anyone to use in their health and fitness journey.
What Are The Benefits Of Water Aerobics?
- Constant Resistance: your body is being resisted from every direction, so you can easily control intensity (by changing speed of movement), and hit even the hard to get muscles!
- Low Impact: there’s minimal stress on bones and joints, so you’re less likely to sustain or aggravate an injury, making aquatic exercise ideal for rehabilitation, elderly populations, or those with osteoporosis or arthritis.
- Versatile: with small adaptations, aquatic workouts can be done by anyone!
- Improve Cardiovascular Health: your heart will become stronger, more efficient, and aquatic workouts can lower your blood pressure!
- Increase Flexibility: Less pressure on the joints means they may be able to move more than normal, so stretching in the pool can increase range of motion (joint flexibility).
Back Pain? Hit The Pool!
Working out in water takes stress off your body, spine included, and “lightens” your bodyweight, so you can do more movements than you could on land. This gives you an opportunity to strengthen areas that could be contributing toward your pain. Exercising in the pool is safer, with a decreased risk of injury on land, and when you’re in water, there’s no risk of falling on hard ground.