Telehealth – The Way of the Future
Telehealth provides a way for patients to access and be seen by their medical/health providers though video and technology. Taking this pivotal cultural moment into consideration, telehealth is quickly becoming a vital component of healthcare delivery.
For some services and populations, in person care will always be necessary for achieving optimal outcomes, but Virtual Office Visits are a great option for the majority of conditions.
- It eliminates the need to travel for far-away doctor’s visits. This saves money on travel expenses (transportation, hotels, etc.), gets rid of any stress associated with travel, and as an extra bonus you won’t have to commute in poor winter weather.
- Telehealth saves time. Patients miss less work and kids miss less school by seeing a doctor via Telehealth. Harvard Medical School estimates that the average doctor’s appointment lasts for 121 minutes, but only 20 of those minutes is with the doctor. Telehealth cuts out most of this (think of how long it takes you to drive to your doctor) and gives you time back in your day.
- Telehealth is a significant money saver for patients, Oregon Health and Science University implemented Telehealth and saved their patients $6.4 million a year in travel costs alone. That doesn’t even count the savings on medical costs.
- Patients are more likely to follow through and attend treatment with Telehealth. Implementing a Telehealth program at a Nebraska children’s hospital decreased no-show rates by 50%.
- Many studies (done by OrthoLive, CVS Minute Clinics, Cleveland Clinics, the VA, etc.) show patient satisfaction is very high with the use of Telehealth. Massachusetts General Hospital reports 79% of patients said scheduling a follow-up appointment via Telehealth was more convenient than scheduling an in-person appointment.
With all these patient benefits, we can’t ignore the massive potential Telehealth has in the healthcare world. It’s estimated that Telehealth users have grown exponentially, from 350,000 in 2013 to 7 million in 2018, and this number will only continue to grow.
It’s easy to see how Telehealth can help with routine or check-up medical visits, but we bet you’re wondering…
How can chiropractic care or physical therapy be effective on a screen?
Here’s an example of what a first appointment could look like via Telehealth:
- Head-to-toe Screening: Receive a FULL neuromuscular and musculoskeletal functional movement screen.
- Range of Motion Assessment: To pinpoint the source and cause of your pain, a doc can walk you through simple and effective tests to assess movement limitations.
- Diagnosis and Treatment Plan: After the first 2 tests, the doc can most likely provide you with a diagnosis and course of action to get you back to 100%.
- Therapeutic Exercise Prescription: Once this is finished, a rehab program is created specific to your needs that you can do from home.
What about this: you’ve already had your initial Chiro/PT exam and are partway through the rehab process?
Telehealth can still help you for sure! During the Virtual Office Visit, your Doctor will be able to assess your progress and give your updated therapeutic exercises. (This is all complimentary for current or previous Kaizo patients, read below for more info!)
What are we offering currently at Kaizo?
At Kaizo Health, we’re excited to launch telehealth Virtual Office Visits (VOV) for all new, current, and past KH patients. We are still committed to treating patients in all five of our clinics. However, we have opened up an additional channel of clinical care via our Virtual Office Visit solution.
FOR ALL CURRENT OR PREVIOUS KAIZO HEALTH PATIENTS:
You are eligible for Virtual Office Visits (VOV) with our doctors at no charge (until 3/31/2020). During the Virtual Office Visit, your Doctor will be able to assess your progress and give your updated therapeutic exercises.
Click here to book your current/previous patient VOV appointment. This is a $99 value offered complimentary for all current and previous Kaizo patients!
FOR ALL NEW KAIZO HEALTH PATIENTS (PATIENTS WHO HAVE NEVER HAD AN APPOINTMENT WITH US):
We believe everyone should have access to world-class care; that’s why we’re offering VOV’s to new patients for an affordable price. Our transparent pricing is just $99 for first appointments and $49 for follow-ups!
Click here to book your first new patient VOV appointment.
Follow up visits for new patients are just $49, or you can purchase 3 follow up visits for a discounted price of $139.
Click here to book your new patient follow up VOV appointments.
VOV’s are a way for our patients and doctors to interact on a HIPAA-compliant video platform, ensuring continuity of care and timely intervention in the case of injury.
We are looking forward to empowering you with new technology and taking your Kaizo experience to a whole new level.
Here’s a sample workout to get you going!
Do 3 sets of 8-12 reps for each exercise.
For the conditioning part, choose from a brisk walk, jogging, sprinting outside, jump rope or jumping jacks. Do whatever you choose for 30 seconds, and then take a 30 second rest. Shoot for 10-16 rounds.